One the many things that separate ISM from other schools is our Extended Day program.
We are very aware that we are living in a busy world and parents need time before and after work to get things done or they just might have a long commute to and from work. This is where Extended Day comes in.
- Extended Day starts at 7:00 with students engaged in a variety of supervised age-appropriate activities.
- Early Childhood students who arrive before 7:45 are offered breakfast at no charge. All other students may purchase breakfast in the cafeteria from 7:15-8:00.
- After-school extended day hours are available until 6:00. There is no need for reservations or pre-set schedules. Families are welcome to take advantage of flexible, reliable childcare options as needed. Students may choose from the following after-school choices at no additional cost; playground, library, computer lab, homework room, or game room. Students may move from one choice to another between check-in and check-out.
- Another option to the program is an extensive range of optional classes and clubs, for which there is a minimal fee. These change each term and include options such as art, dance, karate and swimming among many. Students enjoy socializing and interacting with peers in a safe, supervised environment.
- Our dedicated extended day staff is also available on most vacation and school release days. For a small daily fee, students are supervised and entertained with special activities and field trips during extended breaks like winter break and spring break.
- ISM also offers a wide range of after school activities for students in Grades 6-12. These include supervised sports at the junior varsity and varsity levels, National Honor Society, Student Life, Mentoring and Homework labs.
Extracurricular activities, available during after school, provide all students with a vehicle for discovering, and expressing their unique talents and abilities.
The program is in keeping with ISM’s philosophy which stresses the development of well-rounded students. A schedule of special lessons and activities is available each term. Some fees apply, depending on the activity.
Through the SABIS Student Life Organization® at ISM, Upper School students have opportunities to participate in clubs and activities. Students can also form their own clubs based on areas of interest under the direction of the Student Life Coordinator or faculty advisors/mentors. Through Student Life, the students not only take an active role in their school day, but they also gain experience in teamwork, leadership and organizational skills.
Enrichment activities are designed to enhance the social, physical, artistic and intellectual development of all students. Typical after-school activities have included:
- Chess Club
- French Club
- Community Service
- Spanish Club
- Computer Club
- Math League