About SABIS®:SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
The International School of Minnesota, a member of the global SABIS Network, is seeking a School Marketing & Development Director to create a development vision and results-oriented marketing and enrollment plan for the school in conjunction with the School Director based on a deep understanding of the specific challenges and opportunities present in the Minneapolis private school market. This is a leadership role in a well-established private school and requires an experienced development professional with a proven track record.
Job Purpose:The School Marketing & Development Director is responsible for establishing and implementing annual and long-range marketing and development strategies for the school that are consistent with the strategic plan and the school’s enrollment goals. The School Marketing & Development Director creates the school’s development vision and results-oriented marketing and enrollment plan in conjunction with the School Director based on a deep understanding of the specific challenges and opportunities present in the Minneapolis private school market.
Key Responsibilities:Acclimate rapidly to ISM - thorough understanding of the history, culture, traditions and constituencies of the school; including the educational philosophy and all marketing and communications activities of the department.
• Provide the vision and strategic direction for the development efforts of the school, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding support to provide for long-term financial sustainability.
• Work with school leadership in the development of annual, short- and long-range marketing and development strategies for the school that are consistent with the strategic plan and the school’s enrollment goals.
• Collaborate with the School Director, designs strategies and implements tangible plans to capitalize on increased visibility and clear branding of the school.
• Support the dissemination of press releases, news articles, and letters to the editor, social media campaigns, public messages, and other awareness messages relevant to the respective event/promotion for ISM.
• Collaborates with the School Director, designs strategies and implements solid plans to increase student applications and maintain prospective student and family interest.
• Establishes the school’s value proposition relative to key competitors.
• Develops a marketing plan and oversees development of all admission materials (brand identity collateral, brochures, fact sheets, enrollment contract, etc.).
Candidates must be willing and able to work occasionally on evenings and weekends.
Ideal Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or in a relevant field
• Minimum 5+ years of experience (preferably within the education sector) in strategic development and planning, enrollment/prospective pipeline management, relationship management, sales, marketing, and communications
• Minimum 5+ years of experience leading successful teams
• Position requires both big-picture thinking and attention to detail, managing multiple tasks and priorities effectively; an understanding of, and a commitment to, a culturally and ethnically diverse population is essential
• Experience with collateral, brochures, print, and digital design
• Well versed in Adobe Create Suite (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign) and other multi-media design software applications
• Experienced working with MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities; strong project management experience
• Broad knowledge of marketing and communications industry
Employment Requirements:Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer.
SABIS® uses the criteria of merit, qualifications, and abilities to determine hiring decisions and promotions within the organization. SABIS® does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, order of protection, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, public assistance, family status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information or other segmenting factor protected by law, or local human rights commission activity.