About SABIS®:SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
The mission of The International School of Minnesota (ISM) is to be recognized as a provider of top-quality education to a highly diverse student body. ISM prepares all students for success in college, equips them with the ability and desire for lifelong learning, and strengthens their civic, ethical, and moral values. ISM maintains high standards of efficiency and accountability throughout its organization.
Job Purpose:Applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. This includes verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling account balances, producing error-free and timely accounting reports and presenting their results.
Key Responsibilities:• Compiling and analyzing financial transactions and information to prepare and post entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Establishing, maintaining, and coordinating the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Processing timely month-end closing, preparing cost accounting and financial reports.
• Monitoring and reviewing various accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels, and ensuring expenditure control.
• Maintaining reconciled inventory accounts with stores.
Ideal Requirements:• Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
• A minimum of 2- 4 years of experience in the field
• English Primary Language
• Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct
• Communication skills
• Ability to work within a team
• Accountability and taking Ownership
• Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office application
Employment Requirements:Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.