EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Private preschool, prekindergarten, and kindergarten classes for the Minnetonka and Eden Prairie area
We are home to a premier Early Childhood Education (ECE) program that welcomes children starting at the age of 3. We provide full-day and half-day options for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten and full-day Kindergarten. Call us at 952-918-1840 for a private kindergarten experience in the Minnetonka area.
Based on the proven SABIS® Educational System™, our ECE curriculum features: daily world language instruction that opens the door to future fluency, activities that build a foundation for math, science and language concepts, and weekly swimming lessons in our heated, indoor pool. Preschoolers at ISM also participate in arts and crafts, exploration, group time, music, art, library, and outdoor recess and receive nutritious snacks and quiet time during the school day.
Our ECE staff are highly qualified and experienced educators who provide developmentally appropriate guidance to our young learners within a stimulating and nurturing environment. Each child’s progress is monitored and regularly assessed to help promote mastery of essential concepts. Non-native speakers receive instruction in English to help them gain fluency and excel in the classroom.
Because our private ECE and kindergarten program is an integral part of the college-preparatory experience, it is included at our Eden Prairie/ Minnetonka campus. Even the youngest students and their families benefit from the welcoming, inclusive community at ISM. At every level, the ISM community includes a richly diverse student body, faculty, and staff that help expose your child to many nationalities. Our Extended Day programming provides additional opportunities for learning and socialization and is included at no additional cost. The program is available mornings beginning at 7 a.m. and afternoons until 6 p.m.
- Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten classes are 5 days per week. Students can attend half-day mornings (8:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.), full-days (8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.), or a consistent combination of half-days and full-days.
- Kindergarten is 5 full days, from 8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Maximum class size is 20, led by a full-time teacher and a full-time teaching assistant to assure a ratio of 1:10.
- Morning Extended Day Care is available from 7:00 a.m. until the classrooms open at 8:00 a.m. at no additional cost.
- Breakfast of cereal, milk, and juice is provided for students who arrive before 7:50 a.m. at the parent's request.
- Afternoon Extended Day Care is available from 3:30 until 6:00 p.m. for those who attend full-day at no additional cost. Student supervision is provided by our Extended Day staff. Students may choose to enroll in special classes for which there is an extra charge. Click here to view a sample of special classes available through Extended Day