Join us for a summer of discovery!
June 15th through August 13th
Keep your kids busy this summer at Discovery Summer Camp, where activity and learning go hand-in-hand. Our camp takes place on The International School of Minnesota’s private 55-acre wooded campus, adjacent to the Three Rivers Park District’s Bryant Lake Park and beach. Discovery Summer Camp is open to students throughout the Twin Cities as well as those enrolled at The International School of Minnesota. Students can join us for one week or for the full summer, participating in a variety of exciting theme-based activities.
Our safe, engaging, and enriching summer experience is designed for students ages 3-12 with an opportunity for older students to participate in our junior counselor program! We balance academics with movement, art, and play!
Camp care is available from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, making it a stress-free choice for parents impacted by late start or early finishing day-camps. Activities take place between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM daily, and feature art, music, world language, athletics, and more!
MARCH 24TH, 2021
Weekly Camp Themes
- Week 1: Nature and Sustainability. During Nature and Sustainability Week, campers will explore our natural world by learning more about their surrounding environment and ways to preserve it for generations to come.
- Week 2: Dreaming of the Future. As our campers are Dreaming of the Future, they will have the opportunity to virtually tour colleges and the programs they offer, explore career paths, and set both short and long-term goals to ensure their future success.
- Week 3: Land of the Free. Leading up to Fourth of July weekend, students will study and challenge the complex and proud history of the United States of America through interactive lessons and instructional games.
- Week 4: Around the World. Around the World Week will offer a chance for students to traverse the world beyond our US borders: Students will learn about different countries by studying their culture, government, and cuisine.
- Week 5: Stem Exploration. Do you enjoy finding creative solutions to everyday problems? Come to our STEM Week at camp to explore how science, technology, engineering, and math can be used to invent creative solutions to everyday problems.
- Week 6: Blast to the Past. Join us as we travel back in time; each day of the camp will focus on a period in history to enrich each camper’s understanding of our past and how it influences our present.
- Week 7: Olympics: Team USA. The Summer Olympics happens only once every 4 years! Celebrate with us as we cheer on the Olympic teams and host our very own Olympic events, culminating in a final awards ceremony at the end of the week.
- Week 8: Fine Arts and Performance. Expand your artistic horizons as you learn more about the arts through theater and drama activities, as well as complete meaningful painting and drawing projects to cherish for a lifetime.
- Week 9: Social Justice and Change. In the final week of camp, students will be encouraged to channel their favorite social justice warriors as they learn more about empathy, equity, and diversity, as they apply their growing knowledge toward a social justice project of their choosing.
Safety & COVID-19 Protocols
ISM is committed to providing a safe experience for your child. We will continue to monitor guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and CDC as we finalize our COVID Preparedness Plan for our summer camp.
For more information, call Noelle Geyer at 952.918.1800 or email email@example.com.